Webinar: Tips and Tools on Budgeting in a New Environment Webinar
Tuesday, August 25, 2020 (12:00 PM - 12:30 PM) (PDT)
Budget preparation is a process of making intelligent assumptions about expectations for the coming year. 2020 and 2021 are unlike any period in history making it difficult to plan. Since no one can accurately predict when building occupancy and operations will ‘return to normal’, managers must take a consistent approach with clearly stated budget assumptions.
This guide is intended to help raise and answer questions regarding assumptions for your 2021 Budget and 2020 Projections. We hope this guide will help you prepare your initial budget detail package to obtain client/owner- approval.
In this webinar, you will learn about:
1. Unpredictable rent and parking revenues
2. Operating expense recoveries with unpredictable occupancies
3. How to treat 2020 Base Years
4. Variable expenses like utilities and cleaning
5. Who gets the savings or cost increases- tenant or landlord?
Jodi Talentino, General Manager, Constellation Place LLC
Brian Plymell, Vice President, Property Management, Hines