Legal Seminar: Risky Business and Legislative Update
5/14/2019 8:00 AM 5/14/2019 10:00 AM
Attendees of this event will hear two presentations providing an informative overview of what liability exposures property owners and managers face and how they can manage those risks.
The new laws and trends that will be discussed are:
- AB 2164 Violation of local codes resulting from illegal marijuana cultivation
- AB 2173 Abandoned Personal Property at Commercial Property
- AB 2598 Fines and Penalties for Building and Safety Code Infractions
- AB 2847 Abandoned Commercial Property
- SB 1343 Sexual Harassment Prevention Training and Education
Risky Business: A broad overview of risk management and prevention strategies for commercial property owners and managers.
Property owners and managers face liability exposure due to dangerous conditions on their properties, crimes and torts committed against tenants and guests, alleged discrimination, including violations of the ADA, and due to environmental risks. We will discuss certain strategies designed to manage those risks. Among the preventative steps we will touch upon are obtaining the proper insurance policies, requiring contractual indemnification from tenants and subcontractors, and conducting regular and frequent safety inspections of the properties.
- How to make sure your insurance broker gets the proper insurance for you.
- How to word your leases and contracts to fully protect against risks.
- How to effectively inculcate yourself from (most) lawsuits.
- David A. Shimkin, Partner, Cozen O’Connor
- Brett Taylor, Partner, Cozen O’Connor
Legislative Update for Property Management and Building Owners
Are you prepared for the new laws that will impact your commercial operations in 2019? You will hear essential information to make sure your building complies. You will be updated on new laws that are creating challenges for property management. and building owners.
- Know laws affecting the commercial landlord/tenant relationship.
- Understand the trends to watch for in 2019.
- Take away essential information to ensure your companies compliance.
- Eli A. Gordon, Partner, Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP
- Sage S. Stone, Associate, Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP
Free for Principal Members who pre-register.
If Principal Members do not pre-register, the cost will be $125.00 at the door.
Registration rate for Associate and Professional members: $125.00
2121 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067